Wednesday 15 August 2007

FINISHED!
PROJECTS COMPLETE, COLLECTIVE SIGH OF RELIEF

THAT TIME is on us once again. The culmination of four weeks of photographing, writing, and filming is here as students bring their pieces together to form cohesive web pages documenting Armagh. They finish one by one, exhausted by the effort, but joyous at its completion.

"I finished yesterday," Gonzaga student Christine Slomski said, treating herself to a piece of chocolate as a reward. "It's nice. It's a sweet feeling."

Student Alex Cavallo, fresh out bed at 1pm and relaxing in a pair of powder blue hospital scrubs was enjoying being finished as well.

"I feel like a great weight has been lifted off of me," she said. "I thought the web design part would be hard 'cause I'd never done it-- but it wasn't. And now I'm finished."

There remain a few students left with a bit of work left on their projects. Student Sarah Turner sat in the hostel lounge, awaiting her appointment to finish it up.

"My appointment's at two," she said, "And then I'll be done. It's gonna be nice."

Downstairs in the kitchen, Florida native Megan McGovern rifled through the communal ramen box in search of lunch, feeling peckish now that her project was complete. "I rented some videos to celebrate," she said, holding a package of "Top Ramen Oodles of Noodles" in one hand and an early 90s Robin Williams comedy in the other.

The project website, inarmagh.com, will be up soon.